Nathan Cleverly will put his WBA light heavyweight title on the line against Badou Jack on the undercard of Floyd Mayweather’s showdown against Conor McGregor.
British fighter Cleverly will make the first defence of the belt on August 26 after claiming the championship last October with a sixth round stoppage against Juergen Braehmer.
It’s the most high-profile supporting bout so far announced for Mayweather’s clash against McGregor, in Las Vegas.
— King Clev (@NathanClev) August 10, 2017
"This is a fight I have wanted ever since Badou Jack moved to light heavyweight and I'm delighted to fight in Vegas on an event like this," said Cleverly.
"I've trained long and hard for this fight and I'm ready to be let off the leash. This is the biggest fight of my career so far and I'm going to do a number on Badou Jack on August 26."
It will be the first outing at light heavyweight for Mayweather-promoted Jack after he vacated his WBC super middleweight championship in January to move up in weight.
— SHOWTIME Boxing (@ShowtimeBoxing) August 10, 2017
Swedish-born Jack said: "I'm thankful for this opportunity and I'm excited about getting another shot at a world title.
"To be a part of this event and fighting on this card is historic. Nothing beats it. I'm excited to get back in the ring. I'm getting ready to take that belt, and win a title in my second weight class.”