Anthony Joshua will face Bulgarian fighter Kubrat Pulev in his next outing – if Wladimir Klitschko decides to retire.
Klitschko is considering his future during a family holiday after he was beaten in a thrilling encounter against Joshua at Wembley Stadium last month.
Joshua wants to face the Ukrainian again in a rematch, but if not, then he will tackle mandatory challenger Pulev, who lost a 2014 title match against Klitschko.
Couple of more shots after The Final countdown and my bout against Kevin Johnson in Sofia. Now you know why the belt remains in my hands:-) pic.twitter.com/fpnjUmzG4n
— Kubrat Pulev (@KubratPulev) May 2, 2017
“If Klitschko comes back and says he doesn’t want a rematch then we will fight Pulev next, unquestionably,” Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn told the Daily Star.
“I spoke to Klitschko’s manager Bernd Bonte a few times. Bernd said he (Klitschko) will have two weeks with his family and then he will make his mind up.
“I am looking at options now for the rematch while we wait on Klitschko because you have to have an idea on dates and possibilities.”
If Klitschko does opt for a rematch, then Hearn is in discussions with venues in the UK, Las Vegas, China, Dubai and Qatar.
— FOX Sports Asia (@FOXSportsAsia) May 11, 2017
“We are talking to China, we are talking to Dubai and Qatar, we are talking to America and the Principality Stadium [in Cardiff]” added Hearn.
“Wladimir might say, ‘What’s the money?’ and obviously if there is huge money from another country he is going to want the rematch more.
"We should know where we are going by the end of June.”