Manny Pacquiao claims he is "in negotiations" to face former stablemate Amir Khan in his next fight.
Pacquiao's announcement follows weeks of conflicting reports from various sources over who the WBO world welterweight champion will face next and where the fight will be held.
Last month Jeff Horn's promoters said the former pound-for-pound king would defend his WBO crown against the undefeated Australian with Brisbane's Suncorp stadium the preferred venue.
However, Pacquiao's aides insisted nothing had been confirmed and the eight-division champion has taken to social media to update his followers on events.
"My team and I are in negotiations with Amir Khan for our next fight. Further announcements coming soon," Pacquiao, 38, said on his official Twitter feed.
A business adviser of the 38-year-old said earlier this week that Pacquiao's next opponent would "most likely" be Khan in Dubai.
The 67-fight (59-6-2) veteran tweeted on February 11: "See you in UAE for my next fight. #TeamPacquiao".
Khan (31-4-0) was chosen as Pacquiao's preferred next opponent by fans in a recent poll on the Filipino's Twitter feed.
Former WBA and IBF light welterweight champion Khan responded to the latest developments by posting a cryptic picture of a Pac-Man arcade console with the comment "Time to play".
Time to play pic.twitter.com/Ie2Vesijft
— Amir Khan (@amirkingkhan) February 23, 2017
He later added another tweet, which said: "Currently negotiating with Manny #teampacquiao. Coming soon. Watch this space!"
Horn's promoters Duco Events, meanwhile, have accused Pacquiao of trying to avoid their 28-year-old fighter.
"Manny Pacquiao seems to be very concerned about facing Jeff Horn in front of 55,000 at Suncorp as he is exploring a whole lot of options that may promise 38 million reasons to avoid Horn, but in all likelihood will turn out to be the equivalent of chasing rainbows," Dean Lonergan, director at Duco Events, told Sky Sports.