Klitschko to pursue legal action against Fury

Wladimir Klitschko says he has been left with no choice but to take negotiations over his rematch with world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury to court.

The Ukranian is determined to exercise a contractual rematch clause and get back in the ring with Fury, who defeated him to claim the WBA Super, WBO and IBF titles in November of last year.

Their rematch was initially scheduled for Manchester on July 9 but had to be called off after Fury suffered an ankle injury.

The bout was rescheduled for October 29, but it appears as if talks have broken down, leading Klitschko to voice his frustration on social media and threaten legal action.

“Dear fans. I just want to keep you updated on the status quo of my rematch against Fury,” Klitschko said.

“Unfortunately, Team Fury is trying to change the terms of an already-signed contract multiple times. To protect my own rights and to see the rematch, I’m forced to go to court.”

The Fury team has not yet commented, although earlier this week the 28-year-old champion did outline a three-fight plan that included the Klitschko rematch, as well as unification clashes with IBF holder Anthony Joshua and WBC king Deontay Wilder.

Comments