Dominic Breazeale has promised to go to Anthony Joshua's back yard and "take his belt" when he fights the Brit in London on June 25.
IBF world heavyweight champion Joshua will make his first defence of the title at the O2 Arena against the undefeated American, having won all 16 of his fights by stoppage.
But Breazeale, who has his own impressive record of 17 wins, 15 of which by knockout, is adamant he will inflict a maiden defeat on the 26-year-old.
"That will be a shock to the world for sure. Going to a man's back yard and taking his belt. Take his crowd – please them – gain some fans. There is no better way to do it," Breazeale told Sky Sports.
"I'm 17-0 with 15 KOs. Every man I've faced, I've put down on the canvas. Unfortunately, I've had two guys go the distance. They were able to get up off the canvas and finish the fight.
"I'm definitely going to ruin that perfect record. In the end, I'll be the last man standing. It's going to be a battle of two titans, but in the end it will be me raising my hand and holding a new belt."
Joshua claimed the title after swiftly beating Charles Martin earlier this month, but Breazale has dismissed the quality of his fellow countryman.
"I did watch the fight. I thought it was a bit of an embarrassment on Charles Martin's part," he said.
"I think Charles Martin was a little over matched and hadn't been through a situation like that before. Big kudos to Anthony Joshua for winning the way he did and now he's on to his next one, and it's going to be a tough opponent against me."