The Spaniard was a shock first-round casualty on Monday as he went down to Steve Darcis in straight sets, with the talk afterwards focused on his problematic knees.
The joints kept Nadal out for seven months after Wimbledon last year before he made a successful return to the clay, but he could not make the transition to the harder surface in SW19.
Nadal refused to blame his knees for his exit, but did admit he struggles to reach lower balls because of them. As a result, it has been asked whether he is finished as a force on grass.
Toni Nadal, though, simply blamed his nephew having an off day against Darcis, who himself withdrew injured on Wednesday.
"What happened was we lost the match," the man universally known as Uncle Toni told Live at Wimbledon.
"Nothing else happened. Rafael played a bad game and Steve Darcis played so much better than us. We lost.
"People said the knees were bad, but we won Roland Garros and here it is so much more difficult for him to play here. You have to play more down, the movements are difficult and what was very bad was our forehand, serve, volley."
The two-week turnaround from the French Open to Wimbledon meant Rafael Nadal could not warm up on the grass of Halle as he would have liked, with his doctor advising him to rest.
That is something Toni Nadal wants to change for next year.
"We want to come every year here with a very good preparation. This year it was impossible but I am sure next year we will come and play so much better next year. For us to be at Wimbledon is unbelievable," he added.
"Always to come here is special. This time we came from a big injury, seven months. Rafael has played very good since then, he has made nine finals, seven titles. He won in Roland Garros but then his head was a little down.
"It was very difficult to play here with our preparation. It is difficult to play on grass for us."