The issue has dominated the first week at Melbourne Park, with a number of players suffering badly in temperatures that have soared past 40C.
Murray's brother Jamie was one of the worst affected, the doubles specialist suffering heat stroke following his first-round match on Thursday, although he is expected to continue in the tournament.
The policy was implemented shortly after Jamie's match finished, with play suspended for around four hours, but on Friday play was continuous, as it had been on Tuesday and Wednesday.
When to declare conditions unplayable is at the discretion of tournament referee Wayne McKewen, and Maria Sharapova was among those to call for greater clarity.
Murray worried that the heat could have put players in danger, and he said: "I think it's tough for everybody.
"The heat is bearable, just; it's weighing up whether or not it's worth playing like that and it's worth it for the fans and everyone. I've seen a lot of matches where everyone's left and gone home. That's not good either."
The Scot expects the Association of Tennis Professionals, that runs the men's tour, and the International Tennis Federation to put their heads together following the Australian Open.
"After the tournament's finished, I'm sure there will be some discussions between the ATP and the ITF to maybe shore up the rules a little bit and make it a little bit easier for everybody to understand. I don't see any problems in the future," Murray said.
"But let's also remember this is the first time it's ever been like this. I heard it was a hundred years they've never had weather like this four days in a row. So you've got to expect that's probably not going to happen again for a while."
Temperatures are expected to be 20C cooler for Murray's third-round clash with Spain's Feliciano Lopez on Saturday.
The Scot will be happy about that, but he would not be in favour of moving the tournament back a month.
Murray, a three-time finalist in Melbourne, is one of the tour's hardest workers and is fanatical about the training he undertakes in the off-season.
He said: "You can really see who's put the work in. That's kind of why I like it being where it is."
Having been hugely impressive in beating Go Soeda in round one, Murray had a few wobbly moments against qualifier Vincent Millot on Thursday.
He found himself 5-1 down in the third set, although he finished the match in style with a run of 23 straight points.
Murray is expecting to be inconsistent with so few matches under his belt since back surgery, and he said: "In the first match I would say I played better.
"But I'm through to the third round, I haven't lost a set yet, I don't know what else could have been expected of me. I wasn't expecting to play perfect tennis and play great straightaway.
"I'm going to have ups and downs. I just have to get through them and the consistency will come."
Murray has a great record against left-handers and he faces a second in succession in the shape of 26th seed Lopez.
They have played each other seven times before, with Murray winning every one, but he needed nearly four hours to get past the Spaniard in their last meeting at the US Open in 2012.
"He's got a great serve," said Murray. "He obviously comes to the net a bit. It's a different game style to all of the guys nowadays pretty much.
"So that will be another good test for me and things will naturally get tougher."
Also in action will be British doubles pair Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins, who meet seventh seeds Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi in the second round.
Their opening-round victory was significant for being Hutchins' first since recovering from cancer, but the 28-year-old remains as ambitious as ever and believes he and Fleming have a chance to win the whole tournament.
"I think we should always be that ambitious," Hutchins said. "That's the reason why we're here and why we play the game.
"Absolutely we're aiming to go for the long haul. And we feel like our level is good enough that we've always felt we can go deep in slams."