The timing of sacked coach Mickey Arthur's decision to sue Cricket Australia for compensation following his dismissal could hardly be much worse as Michael Clarke and Co prepare for the start of the second Investec Test at Lord's on Thursday.
According to reports in Australia, the court documents lodged in his compensation claim also include claims Clarke and experienced all-rounder Shane Watson are at odds in a case which could reveal serious divisions in the Ashes squad.
Haddin, who took Australia so close to a surprise opening victory at Trent Bridge on Sunday only to be caught-behind via DRS as they lost in the end by a mere 14 runs, stressed today that there is "no feud" between Clarke and Watson.
The latter is a pivotal presence, opening the batting and as a miserly medium-pacer, but was disciplined under the Clarke-Arthur regime when he and others failed to return internal emails in time before a Test match in India last winter.
After Arthur's claims, which were published in Australia this morning, Cricket Australia lawyer Dean Kino said: "We're disappointed that it's come to this position.
"But Cricket Australia's confident in its position on this matter - and I'm sure it'll get resolved in the appropriate fashion."
Clarke had a public engagement too in London this afternoon, at which he was unsurprisingly loathed to discuss the matter and would only say his team "are very focused on what is in front of us".
Haddin was also tight-lipped at his Lord's press conference, but a little more forthcoming.
"The Ashes is as good as it gets - all the other stuff is white noise," he said.
"It has not affected the side.
"The Australian dressing room is fine. There is no feud."
Haddin insists there have been no problems inside the camp at all, during a tour which has so far seen opening batsman David Warner suspended for punching England batsman Joe Root in a Birmingham bar after defeat in the Champions Trophy, then Arthur sacked and Darren Lehmann brought in to replace him.
"The group has been fine since day one of the tour," he said.
"We're all hurt from losing the (first) Test.
"It hasn't driven us closer together - it has made us determined to win a Test."
Haddin returned as Australia's first-choice wicketkeeper, having begun this year second in line to Matthew Wade.
"Since I've been back, everything has been fine," he said.
"Day one was exciting, and that hasn't changed. Darren Lehmann has done a wonderful job, like all staff and players.
"We're here to play four more Tests. Things haven't changed at all.
"We're disappointed with the result of the last day. We got close enough ... disappointing ... on to the second Test."
Haddin was able to resolve one issue, however - whether he did make contact with the ball before he was eventually given out caught-behind off Anderson.
It was the last DRS procedure of a match controversially dominated by them.
"I hit it," he said.
"I knew I was out. I hit the ball - it was obvious."