However, he made sure he would not harm the chances of the likes of Ryan Jones being called up for Lions duty before doing so.
The Six Nations champions were well represented when Warren Gatland's British & Irish Lions squad was revealed on Tuesday, with 15 Welshmen being selected, including captain Sam Warburton.
But there were several contenders for inclusion who missed out, including Ospreys back-rower Jones, fly-half James Hook and hooker Matthew Rees, although they may yet come into consideration if the Lions are struck by injuries.
Having missed out on a Lions place, all three were widely expected to be included in interim head coach McBryde's initial 32-man selection, with Jones considered the favourite to skipper the trip to Japan.
But McBryde has opted to give a number of younger players a chance to stake their claim, naming 11 uncapped players including Ospreys prospects Dan Baker and Dafydd Howells, plus Cardiff Blues back-rowers Andries Pretorius and Josh Navidi.
However, the former hooker revealed he held discussions with Lions boss Gatland and his assistants to ensure a failure to tour Japan would not dent their chances of being called out to Australia if needed by Gatland's pride.
He said: "We want to develop some of these younger players and give them a run of games.
"With those experienced players (who have been left out), we have had assurances that in omitting them from this squad their selection as standby players for the Lions is in no way affected. They will still be available should the call come.
"With that in mind we decided to develop these youngsters and take them on to the next level."
McBryde, who will trim his squad to 27 and name a captain before departure for the two-Test series in Japan, also praised the reactions of his senior players to his decision to leave them out.
"To be perfectly honest they were as positive as you can be under the circumstances," he said. "They understood there was a genuine reason behind not including them and they accepted it.
"There were good discussions with those individuals, and we don't get these opportunities very often.
"It's a one-off tour. Everyone realises the cream of the cream have gone with the Lions, when they come back things will change so it is an opportunity to look at these younger players, give them a little more responsibility and see how they adapt and react to that responsibility."
McBryde also handed recalls to Scarlets fly-half Rhys Priestland and Cardiff Blues lock Bradley Davies after they missed the Six Nations through injury.
But the most notable inclusion is that of London Irish back Steven Shingler.
The 21-year-old was at the centre of an eligibility battle last year after Scotland selected him in their provisional Six Nations squad.
Shingler, whose brother Aaron is a regular in the Wales squad, believed he qualified for Scotland through his Dumfries-born mother.
But the Welsh Rugby Union appealed to the International Rugby Board that Shingler was only eligible to represent them having played for the national Under-20s.
The IRB eventually found in the WRU's favour and it was felt the dispute had ended Shingler's hopes of playing Test rugby.
But his decision to return to the Scarlets from London Irish this summer placed him on McBryde's radar, and the coach was more than prepared to include him.
"He is coming back to the Scarlets to play, which is a big factor behind his inclusion," said McBryde.
"He is a versatile player, he can cover numbers 10, 12, 13 and 15 and he is a very talented individual.
"I was fortunate to work with him when I spent a year with the Scarlets in 2010 and he was highly regarded at that time.
"It will be very interesting to see how he has developed in that time and we have given ourselves the time to have a look at him as when he left for London Irish we all expected him to blossom.
"We will have to wait and see how he has developed."