Haye 'retired' after receiving a 12-round bashing at the hands of Wladimir last summer, but unsurprisingly came back less than a year later to beat Dereck Chisora at Upton Park earlier this month.
That impressive stoppage victory once again sparked speculation that the 'Hayemaker' could be in a position to get it on with WBC champion Vitali Klitschko, or even face Wladimir in a rematch.
The Klitschkos' manager Bernd Boente told Ringside that the door did indeed remain open to Haye despite previous talks ending in stalemate.
Boente had offered Haye a date with Vitali on September 8, only for the Briton to agree to a fight with Chisora in the meantime.
And while Team Haye were apparently happy to accept the September clash as well, Klitschko was not in agreement and signed to defend his title against the unknown Manuel Charr.
But with any Haye vs Klitschko fight certain to generate interest around the globe, Wladimir confirmed that talks will remain ongoing.
"It's very difficult to follow what David Haye wants - retirement, not retirement - fighting or not fighting Vitali or me, fighting someone else," the IBF, WBO and WBA champion told Sky Sports News.
"Eventually he was fighting me which was great following all the talk, and I think the chances are there (for another Klitschko fight).
"And as I said, I think that David became a better person and I hope that he is more reliable than he used to be.
"We'll see the next step. The next step is for Vitali to fight. It's very important for him to win the fight and then we'll continue to talk."