Following what Pirelli claims has been an "exhaustive analysis" of the failures that occurred at Silverstone, the Italian manufacturer insists its tyres are safe if used correctly.
Pirelli has revealed four factors behind the failures: the incorrect reverse mounting of the rear tyres; adoption by the teams of too-low pressures; extreme camber settings; and aggressive kerbing at Silverstone.
Pirelli claims its rear tyres "are not designed to be interchangeable", while under-inflation and extreme cambers "can be dangerous under certain circumstances".
In many respects, Pirelli has shifted the blame, although in respect of the reversal of the tyres, it claims it to be "a practice that was nonetheless underestimated by everybody, above all Pirelli, which did not forbid this".
Pirelli, however, has been forced to respond given the incidents that unfolded at Silverstone where Lewis Hamilton, Felipe Massa, Jean-Eric Vergne, Esteban Gutierrez and Sergio Perez all suffered blowouts.
Despite the shocking scenes, in a statement Pirelli said it "would like to underline the 2013 tyre range does not compromise driver safety in any way if used in the correct manner, and that it meets all the safety standards requested by the FIA".
That goes against the grain of comments made by drivers and team principals in the wake of Sunday's race, virtually all of whom made clear that what unfolded was "unacceptable".
Despite their safety claim, Pirelli has unveiled a two-fold plan to address concerns.
For this weekend's German Grand Prix at the Nurburgring, Pirelli is to use a belt made of Kevlar - a high-strength synthetic fibre which is more resistant to punctures - instead of steel for the rear tyres only.
From the Hungarian Grand Prix onwards later this month, Pirelli is to use a tyre that fuses the structure, construction and belt from last year with the current compounds from this season.
The tyres to be used in Germany were those trialled in Canada last month, and which were designed to cure the delaminations seen in the first few races, which Pirelli insist are not related to what happened on Sunday.
They were not introduced, however, due to a veto from three teams - Ferrari, Lotus and Force India.
The tyres to be used from the race in Hungary will first be put through their paces at the young driver test at Silverstone from July 17-19.
To further aid Pirelli, the FIA yesterday announced a change to its own testing regulations by stating that the teams' regular drivers will be allowed to take part, but only to assist with tyre work.
Pirelli claims the test will contribute to the final development of the new range of tyres from Hungary onwards.
Pirelli motorsport director Paul Hembery said: "What happened at Silverstone was completely unexpected and it was the first time that anything like this has ever occurred in more than a century of Pirelli in motorsport.
"These incidents, which have upset us greatly, have stressed the urgency of the changes we already suggested - which will be introduced for free practice in Germany on Friday.
"We would like to acknowledge the willingness of the FIA, FOM teams, and drivers to act quickly to find an immediate solution to the problem.
"In particular, the adoption of winter tests, arranged with the FIA, that are more suitable for tyre development and the possibility of carrying out in-season testing, will contribute to the realisation of tyres with increasingly improved standards of safety and performance.
"I'd like to re-emphasise the fact the 2013 range of tyres, used in the correct way, is completely safe.
"What happened at Silverstone, though, has led us to ask for full access to real-time tyre data to ensure the correct usage and development of tyres that have the sophistication we were asked to provide and extremely high performance that has lowered lap times by more than two seconds on average.
"While we wait for a change in the rules, we will introduce tyres that are easier to manage."
In a further statement issued by Pirelli tonight, Hembery has made it clear neither he nor his company are deliberately criticising anybody.
"Contrary to the impression some people have formed, I would like to underline the collaboration and support we are receiving from the teams, drivers, FIA and FOM (Formula One Management)," said Hembery.
"In no way are we intending to create arguments or attack anybody.
"We have taken our responsibilities upon ourselves as our press release indicates.
"But not having full control over all the elements that impact on the use of the tyres, we need everybody's contribution.
"With regard to this, we are receiving the full support of all the parties involved, for which we are very grateful."