Di Montezemolo was thrilled with Alonso's performance in Sunday's Indian Grand Prix as the Spaniard limited the damage sustained by Sebastian Vettel's fourth consecutive victory.
From fifth on the grid at the Buddh International Circuit, Alonso managed to claim second - his best result since his win in Germany in July - to leave a 13-point gap between himself and Vettel.
Going into this weekend's race in Abu Dhabi, Vettel has the chance to become the first driver to win five successive races since 2004 when Michael Schumacher achieved seven in a row en route to his seventh world title.
Vettel has won two of the previous three races at the Yas Marina track in 2009 and 2010, and although starting from pole last year, suffered a first-lap puncture.
It is the kind of incident that can happen at any time, and give Ferrari and Alonso hope Vettel can yet be denied his third straight crown.
To that end, Di Montezemolo is calling on the team for a concerted effort over the closing three races as he said: "Drivers and team have never been more united to give 120 per cent.
"We're more united than ever, and the team is working on further improvements with the last three races in sight.
"We're ready to give it 120 per cent, just like Alonso. We'll fight for the championship to the last kilometre. I'm very confident."
Di Montezemolo was particularly impressed with Ferrari's efforts in India as they proved they can still mount a challenge.
However, he is now counting the cost of Alonso's two first-corner incidents in Belgium and Japan when the 31-year-old was taken out, costing him valuable points.
"Alonso was exceptional in India," said Di Montezemolo on the team's official website.
"Felipe (Massa) brought home some very important points for the constructors' championship, and the team was perfect in the strategy and reliability.
"I don't wish bad luck to anyone, but I think with two collisions at starts in the second part of the season, we've paid a very high price."