Di Resta set to be confirmed for Force India

Force India updated their website and confirmed that Paul di Resta would stay on with the team for the 2013 Formula One season.

Motorsport News: Paul di Resta

By FOX Sports Staff

Di Resta could only manage a season-best fourth at the Singapore Grand Prix last year and largely struggled to impress alongside team-mate Nico Hulkenberg. The German secured 17 more points over the course of the season and even went close to securing a historic first win for the Silverstone marque at the Brazilian Grand Prix. 

Hulkenberg left in the close season and ultimately joined Sauber and Di Resta's future was cast in doubt as Force India refused to confirm their driver line-up. Speculation within the British media suggested that owner Vijay Mallya was said to be considering the likes of Adrian Sutil, Jules Bianchi, Bruno Senna and Timo Glock and it was not guaranteed that Di Resta would continue to race for the team. 

The former Force India test driver, however, was widely expected to see out the remaining one year on his contract and an update to the team's website on Thursday, a day ahead of the proposed car launch of the new VJM06, has all but confirmed Di Resta's stay. 

"Paul Di Resta enters his third season as a full-time F1 race driver with Sahara Force India in 2013," read the driver's biography page.

"Paul graduated to a Sahara Force India race seat for 2011, alongside Adrian Sutil. He finished tenth on his debut in Australia and went on to score points on seven further occasions, with a best of sixth in Singapore.

"The highlight of his year was undoubtedly his home race at Silverstone, where he qualified an impressive sixth.

"2012 saw more of the same with Paul a regular top ten runner. Highlights included a masterful drive to sixth in Bahrain and a career-best fourth place finish in Singapore.

"He showed his speed in qualifying, too, setting the fourth quickest time in Monza."

Di Resta also stated that he would be attending the February 1 car launch at the Silverstone Circuit. 

"On my way to the factory to prepare for @clubforce launch tomorrow [Friday]. Excited to see my new machine for 2013!" he tweeted on Thursday. 

Force India are also expected to announce Di Resta's partner for the forthcoming season with Bianchi said to be the leading candidate. 



comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular News

News & Update