Earlier this week it was announced the team's owners, investment group Thesan Capital, had put HRT up for sale in a bid to seek fresh investment.
With the focus on the team's finances, it has been reported in Spain that the Madrid-based marque lack spare parts to carry them through this weekend's race in Austin, which could make the cars dangerous to drive.
Veteran driver De la Rosa, however, said: "It's something I'm not aware of.
"All I can say is we are a small team, we are what we are, but we are a professional Formula One team and when we start running it's because the car is safe.
"I'm experienced enough that I would never jump into an unsafe car because of parts being too old.
"The answer is, the car is slow, but it's safe."
With the team in desperate need of cash it naturally puts the 42-year-old De la Rosa's position in jeopardy for next season.
However, he was unable to shed any light on the matter nor the team's own future, adding: "It's a corporate decision which I'm not involved in.
"All I can say is we are here, that there are two grands prix to go and no matter what's going on in the background we will give it 100 per cent like we've always done.
"No matter which position we are fighting for and who we are fighting against, we will do a professional job.
"Hopefully there will be a few more retirements than in the last few races, even more, and we can achieve a good result.
"But first we have to finish the races and make sure we do as much as we can on both of today's [Saturday] practice sessions."
Chinese driver Ma Qing Hua, said to be taking Narain Karthikeyan's seat for next season should HRT still be in F1, will again replace the Indian for first practice today [Friday] at the Circuit of The Americas.