Sutil faces charges of aggravated assault in Munich's district court following an incident in a nightclub in Shanghai after last year's Chinese Grand Prix, a race Hamilton won on April 17.
Sutil is alleged to have struck Lotus team executive Eric Lux with a champagne glass, causing a wound that required 24 stitches.
Hamilton is one of the many witnesses due at the trial on January 30 and 31.
Court spokeswoman Ingrid Kaps told German newspaper Hamburger Morgenpost: "The first day Lewis Hamilton is called as a witness. This is a mandatory appearance."
As of Friday morning Hamilton had yet to be summonsed.
Although the date of his scheduled appearance is far from convenient, as McLaren are due to launch their latest car ahead of the new Formula One season at their Woking factory on February 1, Hamilton has apparently made it clear he will co-operate.
Sutil's manager Manfred Zimmermann is confident his client will clear his name.
Zimmermann said: "We have a video where it can be seen clearly that this was not Adrian attacking or intentionally hurting someone.
"We expect an acquittal, or at worst a conviction for negligent injury. But that would not jeopardise his career."
Sutil is without a drive for the forthcoming season after five years in F1, the last four of which were with Force India.