To help ease you through the summer months where many of the world’s sporting stars (Errrm. OK, the footballers) are taking a break, we here at FOX Sports Asia have decided to put together a weekly round-up of some of the best sports tweets and posts.
Of course, Wimbledon will feature heavily in our first roundup this week as The Championships were in full swing.
So let’s get cracking serve up the first one.
1. The elderly gentleman locked in an epic battle with his poncho when it started raining.
Game, set and match to the plastic rain coat!
2. The man who fell asleep during a quarterfinal match.
— FOX Sports LIVE! (@FSAsiaLive) July 11, 2017
This was absolutely no reflection on the quality of what was an epic match. Too many Pimms and lemonades, perhaps?
3. Rafael Nadal’s lazy moment.
And for those defending him, it seems it’s not a first offence for Rafa!
— Chris Curtis (@I_am_bumface) July 11, 2017
4. Still Roland Garros champion Jelena Ostapenko knows how underappreciated those boys and girls feel.
Apropos of absolutely nothing except for the fact that it exists: here’s Ostapenko as a ballgirl. pic.twitter.com/LQC8C8vKnL
— Jeff Donaldson (@jddtennis) July 8, 2017
5. The next tweet is from the other big event going on right now – the Tour de France. An inspirational message ‘framed’ for one of the tour’s riders!
— Le Tour de France (@LeTour) July 13, 2017
Now you know how 2016 Tour runner up Romain Bardet manages to ride around 200km each day for nigh on three weeks!
6. And finally to get you in the mood for when the football returns, Arsenal and Spain defender Hector Bellerin tweeted a cheeky message to those who were criticising his final ball.
Heard you lot want me to work on my crossing.. 😂🇨🇺 pic.twitter.com/w237yuDqSt
— Héctor Bellerín (@HectorBellerin) July 14, 2017