Organisers IMG confirmed today [Thursday] that everyone due to be involved in the inaugural event will still be taking part.
With golfers Paul Casey, Colin Montgomerie, Thomas Bjorn and Suzann Pettersen and sporting greats Tim Henman, Joe Montana, Ruud Gullit and Gianluca Vialli all due to be teeing-off, a spokesperson for the event released a statement to Press Association Sport to confirm their participation.
The statement read: "Golf in Bahrain has a long history going back to 1934.
"We are looking forward to welcoming all the participants to the Bahrain Invitational and safety around the event is assured."
IMG's global co-managing director Guy Kinnings said he was looking forward to the golf tournament, which will also see the aforementioned sports stars take part in community projects in the nation.
"Bahrain is fast becoming one of the world's leading players in staging large scale events," he said.
"We know it's going to be a fantastic event and look forward to welcoming some of the world's most inspirational sporting figures."
Political pressure in the nation led to last year's Bahrain Formula One grand prix being cancelled, and with the sport due to return there in a little over a week, there are concerns this year's race could also be called off amid fresh security concerns.
Rights holder Bernie Ecclestone will hold talks with Formula One teams in China tomorrow [Friday], but while they debate whether to travel to Bahrain, the two-day golf tournament will be getting under way.