THE FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX GIVEAWAY COMPETITION IS ORGANIZED BY FOX NETWORKS GROUP SINGAPORE PTE. LTD. (THE PROMOTER).
1. By submitting an entry to the skill-based competition, FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX GIVEAWAY COMPETITION (the “Competition”):
a. you acknowledge that you have read and understood these terms and conditions of entry (the “Terms”) which include information on how to enter, how the winners will be determined, the prizes, and how personal data will be collected, retained, used and shared;
b. you expressly agree to be bound by the Terms, including in particular those relating to the collection, retention, use and sharing of personal data; and
c. you confirm that you do not breach any law in your country of residence regarding the legality of entering the Competition.
2. The Promoter will not be responsible for any Participant (defined below) entering the Competition unlawfully or otherwise in breach of local law. You are advised to check or seek advice on your local law before entering the Competition.
3. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to:
a. amend or vary any of the Terms at any time without prior notice and by entering the Competition you agree to any such amended Terms. If the Promoter amends or varies any Term relating to the collection, retention, use and/or sharing of personal data that has already been collected, such amendments and/or variations will be posted on the
Competition website at www.facebook.com/foxsportsasia/ (“FOX Sports Asia Facebook Page”); and
b. terminate or disqualify any Participant’s entry for the Competition or reclaim and/or disqualify any Prize(s) (defined below) at any time if it is the sole opinion of the Promoterthat there has been a breach of any of the Terms by such Participant (whetherdiscovered during or after the end of the Competition).
Entry to the Competition
4. A “Qualifying Entry” means the successful submission of a completed entry by a Participant together with any other information requested. The completion and validity of the particulars of each entry shall be determined at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
5. A “Participant” means a person aged 21 or above on their date of entry to the Competition who is a passport holder of, and resides in any one of the following countries: Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, Cambodia, Macau, Mongolia, Myanmar and Papua New Guinea and who submits a Qualifying Entry during the Competition Period.
6. You may enter the Competition only once per Competition Period (defined below).
7. Notwithstanding the above, where your entry in the Competition is prohibited or restricted by law or otherwise in your place of residence, it shall be completely void.
8. No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and any related companies, sponsors and/or advertising agencies may not enter the Competition.
9. This Competition is solely skill based. Chance plays no part in determining the winners. All entries will be judged individually on their merits as chosen by the Promoter, as set out in
paragraph 13 below.
10. The Competition is open for entries for four separate periods:
a. from 00.00:00 hours (SGT) (or, if later, the time on which the Contest Post (definedbelow) is posted) 10 July 2017 to 23.59:59 hours (SGT) 15 July 2017 (“Competition
b. from 00.00:00 hours (SGT) (or, if later, the time on which the Contest Post is posted) 24July 2017 to 23.59:59 hours (SGT) 29 July 2017 (“Competition Period 2”);
c. from 00.00:00 hours (SGT) (or, if later, the time on which the Contest Post is posted) 21August 2017 to 23.59:59 hours (SGT) 26 August 2017 (“Competition Period 3”); and
d. from 00.00:00 hours (SGT) (or, if later, the time on which the contest is posted) 28August 2017 to 23.59:59 hours (SGT) 02 September 2017 (“Competition Period 4”),(collectively, the “Competition Periods”).
Dates are subject to change at the absolute discretion of the Promoter.
11. Any entry submitted for any one Competition Period after the close of that Competition Periodshall be void.
12. To participate, all Participants are required to do the following during any one of the Competition Periods:
a. login to Facebook via your Facebook account;
b. go to FOX Sports Asia Facebook Page;
c. find the contest post asking Participants to vote for their favourite Singapore Grand Prix moment (“Contest Post”);
d. select one of the four options given in response to the poll under the Contest Post (the “Poll”); and
e. click on “Comment” under the Contest Post and then answer the question captioned in the Contest Post (the “Question”) by providing your answer in the comments section.
13. At the end of each Competition Period, one (1) winner (“Winner”) will be selected by the Promoter. For clarity, a total of four (4) Winners shall be selected across the entire Competition.
Provided that the Participants have completed all the steps outlined in paragraph 12 above, the selection criteria for the Winners will be:
a. whether the Participant had selected the option that received the most votes in the Poll for the Competition Period in question; and
b. only if the Participant has satisfied clause a., the originality, passion and enthusiasm shown in their answer to the Question.
Announcement of Winners
14. The Winner for each Competition Period will be announced during the FOX Sports Formula 1 studio coverage following such Competition Period. The Winners will also be notified individually via Facebook private message (“Facebook Private Message”).
15. The Winners will be required to acknowledge receipt of the Facebook Private Message by providing the information requested in the Facebook Private Message (including but not limited to full name and address of the Winners) to the Promoter within seven (7) days of such notification, failing which his/her Prize will be forfeited automatically and the Promoter shall be free to deal with the Prize in any manner as it sees fit.
16. Each Winner will receive one (1) 3-Day Bay Grandstand ticket for the 2017 Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix (the “Prize”). For the avoidance of doubt, no travel or
transportation or accommodation is included in the Prize.
17. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to deal with any unclaimed Prizes in any manner.
18. The Winners shall, if required by the Promoter, provide his/her original national identity card / passport for verification of proof of eligibility for receipt of the Prizes.
19. The Promoter’s decisions as to any matter relating to the Competition, including but not limited to any entry eligibility, the winning entry(ies) and the Winner(s), will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into about the Competition or the Promoter’s decisions.
20. By participating in the Competition, the Participants:
a. if applicable, agree to the use of their name and/or likeness, without compensation, by the Promoter and/or any party authorized by the Promoter;
b. if applicable, grant the Promoter and any party authorized by the Promoter an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free right and licence to use any material
submitted as a part of their entry into the Competition, and any footage or other material that features or otherwise includes the Winners (collectively, the “Works”) in any manner, for any purpose the Promoter may see fit, in all forms of media now known or hereafter invented;
c. to the fullest extent permitted by law, waive any moral rights or similar rights they may have in the Works or any part thereof throughout the world; and
d. undertake not to object to any use of the Works by the Promoter or any party authorized by the Promoter.
21. By entering the Competition, you expressly agree to the Promoter’s Data Policy set out at the end of these Terms.
22. The Prize is subject to variation at the discretion of the Promoter, and any change will be final and binding upon every Participant in the Competition.
23. The Prize will be given to the Winners as set out in the Terms. The Winners must accept their Prize in that form. The Prize is non-negotiable, non-transferable, non-refundable and not exchangeable for cash credit or kind, either in part or in full (except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Promoter) and is subject to the terms and conditions accompanying the Prize (if any). The Prize cannot be sold or bartered. There is no refund for a partially used Prize. The Promoter may at its sole and absolute discretion withdraw and/or substitute the Prizes with any other item of similar value without notice and without furnishing any reason. Unless otherwise stated, the Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred in relation to the Prize.
24. All particulars submitted by each Participant shall be made in full and frank disclosure. Any misrepresentation may result in disqualification, forfeiture or withdrawal of any Prize won in the Promoter’s sole discretion.
25. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for any failure or breach by any party in connection with the Competition, and/or the acceptance and/or use of the Prize, howsoever caused and accepts no responsibility for any loss suffered by a Participant arising from the Competition or the Prize. The Promoter makes no warranties, representations or guarantee either expressed or
implied regarding any Prize including but not limited to any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
26. In all cases, the Promoter will not be held liable for the Prize if it does not reach the Winner for reasons beyond its control.
27. The Prize is subject to:
a. any rules and regulations pertaining to the claiming of the Prize in the country where the Winner is a resident; and
b. the terms and conditions of any third party supplier of the Prize.
28. The Winners may be liable for any expenses not specified on the description of the Prize.
29. Each Participant shall indemnify the Promoter, its agents, employees, representatives, associates, affiliates, parent and subsidiary companies against any and all claim, losses, costs, damages, liability and expenses arising out of the Participant’s breach of any of the Terms.
30. Each Participant, by entering the Competition, expressly releases the Promoter from any claim, action or demand arising out of or in connection with the Competition or the Prize, if any. In particular, each Participant acknowledges that elements of the Prize may be provided by third parties over whom the Promoter has no control, and acknowledges that the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any claims, actions or demands arising out of or in connection with such elements of the Prize.
31. The Promoter shall not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of Participant’s information. This will include but is not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of: any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof.
32. If, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to the reasons of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, all without question or need for communication to said party and without the Promoter being liable to said party in any way.
33. By participating in this Competition, the Participant hereby agrees that he/she shall not, directly or indirectly, give, promise or offer and undertake not to give, promise or offer money, donations, gifts or other benefits whatsoever in order to influence with corrupt intent the Promoter or any private person or business, or any employee or official of any government or government related establishment or public international authority, any political party (or candidate or official), or anyone acting on the Promoter’s behalf, in the exercise of authority or in connection with obtaining any improper benefit or advantage with respect to this Competition or any matter covered by these Terms or otherwise take any action (or fail to take action when required) that would violate any applicable laws, including but not limited to, the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the U.K. Bribery Act 2010 or any applicable local laws and/or regulations.
34. Any provision of the Terms that is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction is ineffective as to that jurisdiction to the extent of that prohibition or unenforceability. That does not affect the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction nor invalidate the remaining provisions of the Terms.
35. The law applicable to the Terms is the law of Singapore and the courts of Singapore will have exclusive jurisdiction in case of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Competition.
PROMOTER’S DATA POLICY
Your entry into the Competition may require you to provide certain personal information (including, but not limited to, your full name, date of birth, postal address, and telephone number) (Data). If you do not provide your Data as requested, your entry into the Competition will be invalid and you will not be able to participate in the Competition. This data policy describes how the Promoter will deal with your Data.
Retention of Data
1. The Promoter:
a. will not retain the Data longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for
which the Data was provided;
b. will take such steps as are reasonably practical to protect the Data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorised or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction; and
c. may store and/or transfer the Data outside the country in which you reside or in which the Data was collected.
Use of Data
2. The Promoter:
a. may use the Data for the sole purpose of conducting the completing the Competition; and
b. will not use the Data for any purpose other than that specified above.
Access to Data
3. You may at any time write in to :
a. request access to a copy of your Data;
b. request correction of your Data; and/or
c. withdraw your consent to your Data being used for particular purposes.
Contacting the Promoter
4. You must submit any request under paragraph 4 above, or any complaint relating to your Data to https://www.facebook.com/foxsportsasia, via Facebook Private Message.