The shocking announcement by Flores comes just months into the reign of current Inter boss Gian Piero Gasperini. The Italian's position has come under fire recently following a poor start to the new season, although Inter supremo Massimo Moratti had stressed that the 53-year-old's job was safe.
However, Flores, who has been out of work since the end of the last season, claims the San Siro outfit are already looking at pushing Gasperini out the door.
"There has been an approach with [agent] Jorge Mendes," Flores told MARCA TV.
"If Inter call me, even though [Diego] Forlan is there, of course I will go."
If Inter do decide to appoint Flores as manager, it is likely to anger the club's new striker Diego Forlan, who left Atletico to join Inter in the summer. The pair fell out when both men worked together at the Vicente Calderon with the Uruguayan even going as far as to label his former coach as a troublemaker.
Ironically, Flores revealed that the trouble all started after the UEFA Super Cup game against Inter in August last year.
"On that day, as he celebrated, I saw a different Diego," Flores said.
Under Gasperini, Inter lost to AC Milan in the Italian Supercup last month and kicked off their Serie A campaign with a 4-3 defeat at Palermo. The Italian outfit also lost 1-0 on Wednesday night at home to UEFA Champions League newcomers Trabzonspor.