By Gabriel TanFollow @@gabetan13
Falcao, who is widely regarded as one of the world's best strikers at the moment, has regularly been linked with some of Europe's biggest clubs, including Manchester City, Chelsea and Manchester United, as well as ambitious French Ligue 2 champions Monaco.
The Rojiblancos have never been afraid to issue a hands-off warning to his suitors in the past, but his future was thrown in doubt earlier in the week when club CEO Miguel Angel Gil Marin claimed he would be allowed to leave in the summer.
However, Simeone was more cryptic with his comments when asked if Falcao would be staying at the club.
"I don't know anything," he said.
"I've known Falcao since he was a young kid and I'll be happy with whatever's good for him.
"Of course, I'll also be happy if he stays."
Nonetheless, the fact that the Atletico boss did not outrightly rule out selling the Colombian hitman is likely to add fuel to rumours that the club are ready to cash in on him this summer.
The Rojiblancos are currently in Singapore on a three-day charity trip, which concluded on Wednesday evening when they beat a Singapore Selection side to win the Peter Lim Charity Cup, courtesy of goals from Raul Garcia and Diego Costa.
It was at the start of their stay in Singapore when Falcao's future was really thrown up in the air, after Gil Marin told reporters he would be allowed to leave if he wanted to.
"Before the start of the season, we spoke with Falcao," he said on Monday.
"We promised if he kept the same performances and helped us to qualify for the Champions League, we would help him.
"Whatever decision he takes, we will be with him."
Since moving to the Vicente Calderon from Portuguese giants Porto, Falcao has had a prolific scoring record, netting 70 goals in 91 games so far.
Atletico departed Singapore on Thursday morning to return to Spain, where they will play out the remainder of their La Liga campaign.