Ronaldo's current deal with Madrid expires in June 2015 and, with a lack of official news about a new contract, that has led to plenty of speculation about the Portugal international's long-term future at the Spanish giants over the last year.
However, Madrid president Florentino Perez and new coach Carlo Ancelotti have both expressed their belief this summer that Ronaldo will agree a new deal with the club that could see the £80million forward finish his career at the Bernabeu.
Ronaldo, meanwhile, says he is not worried about the issue at present.
The 28-year-old said in AS: "I've more years to come. The contract renewal isn't something that I'm worried about now.
"These things happen naturally and sooner or later they will become clear. This situation doesn't worry me. Things are going well. I'm happy and it's not the end of the world."
Madrid begin the new La Liga season at home to Real Betis on Sunday.