By FOX Sports Staff
Suarez and Liverpool were left stunned on Wednesday after the Football Association (FA) announced the striker had been handed a 10-match ban, pending an appeal, for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic at Anfield last Sunday.
This would cover the final four games of the current Premier League campaign as well as the first six of the 2013/14 season.
An independent regulatory commission delivered the charge of violent conduct against the Uruguayan, upholding the FA's claim that a standard suspension of three matches would not be sufficient.
Suarez, should the length of ban stay the same, would not be able to kick a Premier League football for Liverpool until September. It is understood he will still have to serve the remainder of his 10-game suspension next season even if he left England as Queens Park Rangers midfielder Joey Barton had to do when he joined Marseille on loan.
Suarez has until midday on Friday to appeal, but several UK newspapers and bookmakers are backing the 26-year-old to quit the Anfield outfit.
According to sources close to the Guardian, Suarez feels he is being 'victimised by the football authorities in England'.
The newspaper suggests that the Uruguay international continues to 'feel wronged' by the punishment handed down from another independent regulatory commission last season which found him guilty of directing racially abusive language at Manchester United's Patrice Evra.
On that occasion, he was banned for eight games and fined £40,000 and the publication believes Suarez is now considering 'a fresh start in Europe' with Juventus and Bayern Munich lurking in the background.
Juve were interested in signing Suarez last year while incoming Bayern manager Pep Guardiola may have the inside track as his brother, Pere, is Suarez's agent.
Another UK title, The Sun quotes Suarez's family members in Uruguay as saying that the 10-game ban has left the player 'morally destroyed' by wrecking his dream of being recognised as the best forward in England this year.
The Daily Mirror also splashed the headline: 'Suarez could walk away!' in their reporting of Wednesday's events.
Adding fuel to the speculation fire has been the divided reaction on Anfield to Suarez's latest misdemeanour.
Liverpool legends like Graeme Souness and Steve Nicol are among the high profile names who have spoken out against Suarez.
"Unfortunately for him, for all the brilliance, every now and again he will throw something tragic in," Nicol told talkSPORT in a recent interview.
"I've been championing him for Player of the Year for the last few months. I think at one point he had taken over from Robin van Persie as the most consistent player throughout the year but now it seems impossible that he should get it.
"You don't deserve to get such a prestigious award when you go around doing things like that on a football field."
He added: "There isn't a player, past or present, who is bigger or more important than the club."
"Liverpool have to step forward and let, not only their own fans know, but the rest of the football world that they are not going to stand for this type of behaviour. It's something we don't want associated with Liverpool."
Reacting to Wednesday's announcement of the 10-game ban, Liverpool said they were 'shocked and disappointed at the severity' but would wait to view written reasons behind the sanction before making any further comment.
However, Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is due to face the media on Thursday for a routine pre-match press conference.