The Spaniard helped his side record an opening Champions League win over the German side at Stamford Bridge with two assists.
Torres spoke to the official website of Spain's Primera Liga last week, with an English translation later appearing on the striker's personal website, where he was quoted as branding Chelsea's "older" players as "very slow", and hailing new team-mate Juan Mata - whom he set-up for Chelsea's second goal in stoppage time - as a necessary signing.
In the build-up to Tuesday night's game, which was sparked to life by a fine second-half goal from Brazil defender David Luiz, Villas-Boas revealed he would warn Torres not to speak so candidly about the club in future if the translation did stand up.
Chelsea now consider the matter closed.
"We had a chat and the situation is solved. The investigation is over," Villas-Boas said.
"You saw the player involved and he put in a good collective performance, like the team did.
"Hopefully these things won't arise in the group again. If they do, it will be the manager who has to resolve it."
Villa-Boas refused to confirmed whether the misfiring Spain striker had done enough to play his way into the starting XI for Sunday's Barclays Premier League showdown at Manchester United.
"I have to make a decision. We have another couple of days to train, and he will compete with the other four for that position. We have to take the best decision possible," the Chelsea boss said.