City have enjoyed a relatively straightforward summer while the footballing headlines during the build-up to the new campaign have been dominated by their rivals.
The situation contrasts from three months ago when City's sacking of Roberto Mancini soon after losing the FA Cup final and their bold ambition to win five trophies in five seasons filled back pages and bulletins.
Even after bringing in Pellegrini as Mancini's replacement as manager and spending almost £90million in the transfer market, City have gone about their business relatively serenely.
After the "noisy neighbours" jibes and various off-field controversies involving the likes of Mario Balotelli and Carlos Tevez in the recent past, the calmer life appears just the way City - and Pellegrini - like it.
Pellegrini said: "I am very pleased (about that).
"For me it was the best thing to do. That was why I spoke with (director of football) Txiki (Begiristain) at the beginning to try to settle the squad from the first moment.
"We are all settled. We knew what we needed for players for this year. We are very pleased about it.
"I don't know what happens with other clubs but next Monday, eight o'clock, we will see if it was a good pre-season."
City begin their new campaign when they host Newcastle at the Etihad Stadium on Monday evening.
Bookmakers rated them as joint favourites along with Chelsea for the title in the week leading up to the season starting, with champions Manchester United third and Arsenal a distant fourth.
Pellegrini, who has taken Villarreal and Malaga to the latter stages of the Champions League, is confident his side can justify that tag but does believe the competition is wide open.
"Twenty teams can win the Premier League," the Chilean said.
"Then every week we will see which teams are stronger than the others. For me, the way I think, all of them can win it.
"Of course, I have a lot of confidence. We know we have a strong squad.
"Other teams also have a strong team but I am sure we are going to have a very successful season."
City's pre-season campaign has been a mixed one in terms of results but Pellegrini is happy with the condition of his players.
He said: "We are absolutely ready. We have had a very good pre-season, working for about 40 days with all the players, knowing each other more.
"I think we are in very good shape to start the Premier League.
"We had a programme for the whole pre-season. Each week we made all the work we need.
"We played seven friendly matches with different starting elevens so most of them had an average of minutes very similar (to each other)."
Attention will certainly be on the expensive new quartet of midfielder Fernandinho, winger Jesus Navas and strikers Stevan Jovetic and Alvaro Negredo.
Jovetic and Negredo bring City's complement of strikers back to four following the departures of Balotelli in January and Tevez in June.
They will vie with Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko for places and Pellegrini claims he has no preferences.
He said: "We have four important strikers for the whole season.
"I do not worry who plays tomorrow, next Monday or next Sunday.
"We have four strikers because I think we need four strikers.
"We will see each week who is the best for each match."
Aguero has not featured in pre-season but is back in training and in contention to play on Monday after overcoming a knee injury.
Defender Matija Nastasic is the club's only absentee, due to the ankle injury sustained in the Asia Trophy last month, but he is expected to return to full training next week.