Seven SPL clubs had previously confirmed their opposition to a newco admission but only St Johnstone reaffirmed their position after Ibrox chief executive Charles Green claimed he was confident clubs would listen to his pleas over the impact of rejection.
And Motherwell announced that 82% of Well Society members and shareholders had voted against the Rangers bid in a ballot. The club had previously stated that the ballot would be "used to determine which way the club votes".
Newco Rangers chairman Malcolm Murray issued an apology for the distress caused to Scottish football by those in charge of the old company, one of six concessions reported to be part of Green's plan to persuade SPL clubs to perform a mass U-turn.
Green needs seven other clubs as well as Rangers to vote his way.
Although the likes of East Fife, Stranraer and Stirling Albion came out against the idea of the new company entering the Irn-Bru First Division before the meeting, SPL clubs will go into the vote with little indication over how a subsequent SFL vote would go.
The meeting was designed for the chief executives of the SFL, SPL and Scottish Football Association to furnish the 30 clubs with information to back up the claims in the document sent out to members last week.
SFL chief executive David Longmuir said: "It was important clubs are now in a more informed position to go back to their boards and fan groups and take that factual information to make informed decisions.
"It is time to reflect on the scenarios and consequences and I want to give them space to do that.
"We haven't even decided on if and when we would have a vote.
"It's time to give the clubs a chance to engage with their fans and work out the right strategy. Votes will come if required."
One point at least was clarified after SFL lawyers decided how many votes were needed to approve the plan.
Longmuir said: "There are different requirements for different types of votes but the main thrust of this decision that we might have to make would only require a simple majority."
SFA chief executive Stewart Regan addressed the clubs and was reported to have claimed that his organisation would block any SPL entry. However, Regan later denied saying this.
"Unfortunately, a comment relating to one potential scenario Rangers FC's readmission to the SPL - was distorted, taken out of context and leaked to the media by a member," Regan said.
"For the avoidance of doubt, any decision regarding the future status of Rangers FC requires not only the transfer of the SPL share but the transfer of the Scottish FA's membership.
"The Scottish FA board will approve this only when all relevant information has been provided and the directors are satisfied that the solution presented is in the best interests of Scottish football."
The SFA received documents relating to the Sevco group's membership application on Friday night.
Clubs were also given more detail on claims made in a controversial document outlining the commercial impact of the options, including an assertion that £16million would be lost to the Scottish game if Rangers are relaunched in the Third Division.
Longmuir said: "The commercial impact of Rangers was made starkly clear to everyone and will help inform the next 48 hours.
"I think it will be a very important part, but I also think the passion and the need to take the game forward in a structured and better way so that hopefully we never get into this position like this again, is actually just as crucial."
Several SFL clubs have complained of being unfairly lumbered with a hugely difficult decision but Longmuir believes they can use it as an opportunity.
"The magnitude of the situation and the effect of the crisis that we've found ourselves in, it really doesn't matter how the situation has arisen. it will have a massive impact on the future of the game," he said.
"I'm actually quite comfortable that the SFL are in a position to have a strong role in this because there's a lot of people in the SFL who are passionate about the game, including myself."
Dunfermline had previously stated their position that the new Rangers should start in the Third Division and chairman John Yorkston was not immediately persuaded otherwise.
"I said on Friday what our stance was," he said. "I don't think that's changed.
"I'm not going to go into that, I'm going to have to speak to the board, give them the extra information and let them decide. We got a lot of information."
Newco Rangers chairman Malcolm Murray issued an apology while SFL clubs were in their five-hour meeting.
Yorkston said: "I welcome that statement but it's a wee bit late. That should have happened a while ago."
Falkirk general manager David White, whose club had previously announced plans to reject First Division entry, admitted the £16million claim gave them food for thought.
He added: "There was very, very detailed analysis of that. It sounded very realistic."
At least 10 clubs had confirmed their opposition to the First Division plan before the meeting with several more reported to be opposed. Airdrie, who stand to be promoted if the plan is rejected, say they will not vote.