By FOX Sports Staff
The Manchester United striker has taken top spot and boasts 25.4 percent of all personalised kits sold within the current season. Gerrard's no. 8 jersey is next on the list with 8.2 percent while Wayne Rooney, the previous leader, rounds-up the top three with 6 percent of the total.
The research by kitbag.com reveals that Van Persie has been the runaway leader following his exploits in the Premier League since switching to Old Trafford in the summer transfer window last year. The Dutchman has scored 19 goals and has been the driving force behind United's title charge this season.
Gerrard, on the other hand, has not had much success on the club front as the Reds have been dumped out of every competition and lie 29 points behind United in the Premier League table. He remains a popular figure in the UK, however, and also leads the list of shirt sales in the United States. The England captain is joined on the British list by current Premier League top goalscorer Luis Suarez, who has polled in fifth place.
The Uruguayan is behind Shinji Kagawa with the Japanese, who became the first Asian to net a hat-trick in the Premier League era, boasting a 5.8-percent share. Veteran midfielder Paul Scholes is the only other player for the Red Devils on the list as his jersey is seventh-most popular.
Chelsea have two representatives in the top ten as well with Eden Hazard and Fernando Torres coming sixth and eighth respectively.
The final two slots have been taken up by Manchester City's Sergio Aguero and Arsenal's Lukas Podolski.
Top Ten BPL Shirt Sales in UK
1. Robin Van Persie of Manchester United (20) - 25.4%
2. Steven Gerrard of Liverpool (8) - 8.2%
3. Wayne Rooney of Manchester United (10) - 6%
4. Shinji Kagawa of Manchester United (26) - 5.8%
5. Luis Suarez of Liverpool (7) - 3.6%
6. Eden Hazard of Chelsea (17) - 3.1%
7. Paul Scholes of Manchester United (22) - 2.7%
8. Fernando Torres of Chelsea (9) - 2.5%
9. Sergio Aguero of Manchester City (16) - 2.2%
10. Lukas Podolski of Arsenal (9) - 2.1%