Stories appeared earlier this week in which Mourinho indicated he had been made aware by someone within the United camp that all was not well at Old Trafford.
Speaking in the Evening Standard, the Portuguese had said: "My feeling, which is based on years of communicating with Sir Alex and some inside information, is Man United are not happy."
But ahead of his side's clash against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Sunday, Moyes stated the Blues have apologised and added that he was particularly irked with the manner Mourinho's words were reported.
"I've seen it and had an apology from him and his department," Moyes told reporters.
"I think it was poor journalism actually."
Moyes also refused to get drawn into a tit-for-tat discussions about rival clubs' players even though Mourinho has cheekily suggested Wayne Rooney might be heading for the continent next summer.
Mourinho made a concerted effort to lure Rooney to Stamford Bridge last summer and it has already been suggested he will return with another offer if United fail to qualify for next season's Champions League.
United are keen to open negotiations with the 28-year-old, whose present deal expires in 2015.
However, with Rooney assessing his own options and waiting to see if United can make the necessary signings that would allow them to challenge for major honours, it is thought unlikely the forward will commit himself, leading Mourinho to suggest he could move to a team on the continent next season.
Moyes does not feel the Chelsea manager is correct in his assessment, but he refused to resort to similar tactics regarding Mourinho's players, including the unsettled Juan Mata.
"I don't talk about players at other clubs. It's not my style," the Scot said.
"Only time will tell and give you the answer (about Rooney). I completely disagree. I can only tell you I disagree.
"The club do the right things, there is no doubt about that. We'll make sure we do the things we need to do."