Norshahrul fires Darul Takzim to victory

Darul Takzim made it two wins in a row in the Malaysia Super League after downing Terengganu 1-0 on Friday evening.

Terengganu vs Darul Takzim

By FOX Sports staff

Two weeks after beating the Turtles 3-2 in their last league outing, Harimau Selatan grabbed all three points again at the Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah Stadium after Norshahrul Idlan Talaha netted the only goal of the game in the 25th minute.

Heading into the game third on the table and knowing victory would see them overtake Selangor and move a point behind leaders LIONSXII, Darul Takzim started brightly and had their first chance after ten minutes when Norshahrul broke free inside the area but fired straight at Sharmiza Yusoff, who had done well to race off his line and confront the striker.

But five minutes before the half-hour mark, there was to be no denying the Malaysia international as he latched onto K. Thanaraj's flick-on header and coolly skipped past Sharmiza, before expertly firing home from a tight angle.

Six minutes into the second half, the visitors nearly doubled their lead when Safiq Rahim lined up a freekick on the left and went straight for goal, unleashing a terrific effort that forced the opposition keeper into a fingertip save.

But as the second half wore on, Terengganu began to show more initiative and carved out a good chance in the 55th minute when Jean-Emmanuel Effa Owona beat the offside trap and raced through on goal. The usually-deadly Cameroonian looked poised to fire away a left-footed half-volley, only to be denied by Aidil Zafuan, who had raced back in time to make an excellent block.

Buoyed by that chance, the Turtles continued to press forward and continued to create a number of opportunities, but continued to be frustrated in their search for an equaliser by some desperate defending and clean hands from Darul Takzim custodian Al-Hafiz Hamzah.

Three minutes into injury-time, Safee Sali did have a chance to wrap up the three points for Fandi Ahmad's men when he burst down the left and beat his opponent with a couple of step-overs, only to blast his effort back off the post, although his side ultimately held on for the win.

In Friday's evening kickoff, Perak and PKNS FC played out a 2-2 draw at the Lumut Stadium.

The visitors edged ahead after just eight minutes when top scorer Patrick Ronaldinho Wleh netted, but Perak pulled level five minutes before the half-hour mark through an Abdul Hadi Yahya effort.

Seladang new signing Paulo Rangel then opened his account for the team when he struck in the 55th minute to give them the lead, but 16 minutes from time, Wleh grabbed his second of the game to earn PKNS a share of the spoils.

Friday's Malaysia Super League Results

Terengganu 0-1 Darul Takzim

Perak 2-2 PKNS FC

comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular News

News & Update