Reds resilience delights Rodgers
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers felt his side had shown great resilience to emerge triumphant from a crazy Capital One Cup tie against Middlesbrough.
Martinez upbeat despite Cup exit
Everton manager Roberto Martinez remained in a positive frame of mind despite his team tumbling out of the Capital One Cup after a first-ever defeat to Swansea.
Wenger deflated by Cup exit
Arsene Wenger cut a forlorn figure after Arsenal fell at the first hurdle of the Capital One Cup at home to Southampton.
City storm to seven-goal Sheffield win
Frank Lampard shone again as Manchester City scored seven times in the second half to begin their Capital One Cup defence with a 7-0 rout of Sheffield Wednesday.
- Chelsea comeback seals Capital One Cup progress
- Spurs leave it late in Nottingham Forest win
- Liverpool hold their nerve to edge Boro in shootout
- Dons defeat no shock to Van Gaal
- Liverpool ease out of trouble
- Everton, Sunderland make early cup exits
- Four BPL clubs booted out of Capital One Cup
- City's Pellegrini happy with Hammers rout
- Ruthless City plunder West Ham for six
- Poyet backs duo to trouble United