Blues captain John Terry has been charged with racially abusing Ferdinand during the Barclays Premier League game between the two clubs on October 23. The England captain, who denies the allegations, is set for a hearing at West London magistrates court on February 1.
Chelsea were forced to condemn supporters who were clearly heard chanting "Anton Ferdinand, you know what you are" in their 1-1 Champions League Group E draw at Genk's Cristal Arena on November 1.
Villas-Boas does not want any such issues when they return to Loftus Road next Saturday, in a match which will kick off at noon - partly because of police advice.
"Regarding the fans, it is our responsibility as a club to calm the situation around the game and also to put on a message for the media as you can do excellent work in calming things down and everyone can have an impact for just another game of football," said the Chelsea boss, who has no intention of leaving Terry out of the squad next weekend.
The manager's appeal came ahead of confirmation that claims a group of Chelsea fans were involved in racist chanting on a train back from the club's 0-0 draw at Norwich are being investigated.
British Transport Police said they had been made aware of the alleged incident after the clubs' Barclays Premier League match yesterday.
"We were made aware of the incident on board the 1600 Norwich to London Liverpool Street Service," a spokeswoman said.
"It is alleged that some individuals were involved in racist chanting.
"British Transport police has contacted the individual concerned who made the allegations and an investigation is ongoing."
Chelsea has vowed to take action against any fans proved to be involved in racist chanting.
A statement on the club's official website, www.chelseafc.com, read: "Chelsea Football Club is concerned to hear that a small number of fans travelling back by train from Norwich were alleged to be involved in racist chants and comment.
"We are working to help the relevant authorities identify those responsible and will take the strongest possible action should these allegations prove to be true.
"The club, like the overwhelming majority of our fans, strongly believe that all forms of discrimination are abhorrent and have absolutely no place in society."
Chelsea headed straight out to Spain for some warm-weather training after Saturday lunchtime's frustrating and scoreless meeting with Norwich, where striker Fernando Torres again drew a blank.
The trip will perhaps deflect some focus from a long build-up to what is expected to be a volatile cup tie.
Villas-Boas hopes the break will help the squad regroup for the second half of the season as they aim to somehow get back into the title race.
"It is a change of environment to break the routine," the Portuguese coach said.
"We decided to go to Spain and not the Middle East because of the difference in the time zones - it is much more aggressive and the trip is more tiring.
"It will be a different place and a different country, but regarding the work, we will focus on the same things.
"It is a break of routine, nothing that has not been done before. When we come back we enter straight away competition."
Villas-Boas refused to lay the blame for yesterday's blank completely on the shoulders of Torres, who saw a first-half effort turned around the post by a brilliant full-stretch save from John Ruddy before, on the hour, dragging his shot wide from eight yards.
"The fact that you saw that the team produced so many attacking opportunities was also down to him and his movement and mobility," Villas-Boas said.
"Again you can't say that we don't create enough opportunities for us to find the winning goal.
"It is just that efficiency and timing of arrival and that is sometimes down to lack of fortune."
The Chelsea boss added: "The most important thing is the work-rate for the team.
"You can't say that he is not trying. Fernando is making the right movements and is present in the box and one day I think it will go with him."