The Charlton Athletic supporters, who had been at an FA Cup match against Fulham on January 7 last year were jailed for their abusive behaviour on a train from Putney to Waterloo.
The men, aged between 22 and 31, were convicted of causing racially aggravated fear of violence after witnesses complained of sexual and racially motivated abuse.
British Transport Police said the group chanted in support of Gary Dobson, three days after he was convicted of murdering Stephen Lawrence
Speaking after today's sentencing at Blackfriars Crown Court, Baljit Ubhey, CPS London Chief Crown Prosecutor, said: "These men were singing and chanting racist abuse in praise of the convicted murderers of Stephen Lawrence. To glorify and idolise these men was disturbing and upsetting.
"Their racially and sexually abusive language left members of the public shocked and disgusted. Witnesses said they felt intimidated and feared there was a real and significant risk of violence.
"I would like to thank the witnesses who came forward and gave evidence to support this prosecution. I hope these convictions stand as a warning that racist and abusive behaviour will not be tolerated in our city."
Mick Everett, Charlton FC's Head of Operations, said: "The club was shocked to hear of the rowdy, intimidating behaviour, and the chanting of racist songs on a train by a handful of our supporters.
"Their actions are totally condemned by everyone at the club and indeed, I am sure, by Charlton supporters everywhere.
"Although this isolated incident does not reflect on the overwhelming majority of our fans, these arrests are a kick in the teeth to everyone associated with the club, who have put so much effort into our campaign over the years.
"The club will now look to impose additional appropriate sanctions on those involved."
Detective Sergeant Jane Hill, from British Transport Police, said: "The actions of these men were both offensive and extremely intimidating to other passengers on board the train at the time.
"An investigation was swiftly launched to gather evidence and by working closely with Charlton Athletic FC, coupled with excellent CCTV footage, intelligence reports and statements from witnesses, we were able to move quickly to trace the men."
She added: "This minority blight the rail journeys of many ordinary passengers and stain the reputation of the game and the country. They also continue to cause us problems that require significant resources to contain."
David Bone, 23, of Tivoli Gardens, London, and Daniel Clay, 31, of Baring Road, London, received 18 months in prison and an eight year football banning order.
The same eight year match ban was imposed on Ben Boylett, 26, of Lamberton Street, London, and Jason Butler, 31, of Mottisfont Road, south east London, who were also given one year in prison.
Sean Fowle, of Smithies Road, Abbey Wood, and Aaron Phinbow, of Abbey Wood Road, Abbey Wood, London, who are both 25-years-old, also received an eight year ban and eight months behind bars.
Jake Embery, 22, of Mickleham Road, Orpington, London, was given a six month suspended sentence, a four year match ban and ordered to pay £3,000 costs.