The 25-year-old allegedly insulted the referee and was involved in a heated exchanged with team-mate Hugo Lloris as Les Bleus exited Euro 2012 at the quarter-final stage against eventual winners Spain in Donetsk on June 23.
And, ahead of the FFF disciplinary meeting on Friday, Menez - currently on Paris St Germain's pre-season's tour of the United States - has sought to defuse the situation.
He said in L'Equipe: "I sent a letter of apology [to the FFF]. I apologised for my absence and for the accusations made against me. I am eager to turn the page.
"It's annoying to have to face the committee - it is not good for the image. But I am making, and will make, efforts to improve myself every day."
FFF president Noel Le Graet confirmed earlier this month that four members of France's squad - Menez, Samir Nasri, Hatem Ben Arfa and Yann M'Vila - would be the subject of disciplinary proceedings for various offences in Poland and Ukraine.
Menez insisted there was little in the altercation with goalkeeper Lloris, but was more remorseful about his actions towards Italian referee Nicola Rizzoli.
"The story with Hugo, this was not really anything," he said. "It is something that exploded when there was nothing at all. In any case, I did not insult him. He himself said in L'Equipe that there was no problem between us."
Of the clash with the match official, he added: "I was a bit upset. I did not start the game, we lost...
"(But) the action in question, I really did not commit any wrongdoing.
"It is true that it was not pretty. I want to apologise sincerely. Overall, in my case, it was an incident that should not have happened."