Vukcevic grateful for support during recovery

Hoffenheim midfielder Boris Vukcevic has expressed his gratitude for all of the support he has received while recovering from a near fatal car accident last year.

Football News: Boris Vukcevic, Hoffenheim

The 23-year-old was in a coma for seven weeks after crashing on his way to training on September 28, 2012.

He is now able to walk unassisted and has written in Hoffenheim's season preview magazine to thank everybody who has wished him well and given him morale support during his recovery.

"I would prefer to be able to thank every single one of you individually," he said. "Nobody need worry about me anymore."

It remains unclear whether the Croatia-born player will be able to return to the game at all, given the extent of the injuries he received in the crash.

"I'm doing well, but the time's not right for that yet," he said. "I still have a lot of work to do.

"I would like to carry on taking small steps forwards and can only ask everybody to respect that."

Although a return to training is as yet unforeseeable, Vukcevic remains part of the Hoffenheim squad for the 2013-14 campaign and will be welcomed back if and when he is ready.



comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular News

News & Update