Simeone: My future will be decided on Monday

Diego Simeone

Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone has refused to end speculation linking him with a off season move to Serie A giants Internazionale.

After the sacking of Stefano Pioli earlier this month, AS Roma's Luciano Spalletti, Chelsea's Antonio Conte and Simeone have emerged as front runners to take his place.

"We have always said that we'll only speak about my future after the season has concluded," Simeone told reporters.

"On Monday I will meet Miguel Angel and the director of sport Andrea Berta and we'll study what is best for the club and for everyone.

"There are solid foundations. In six years we have achieved extraordinary things. The change to a new stadium will force us to take action so it’ll be even better."

Comments