Barcelona manager Luis Enrique has played down reports that striker Neymar is considering a move to Real Madrid.
Speculation is rife that Madrid president Florentino Perez is eager to lure the 23-year-old to the Santiago Bernabeu in a move that would emulate Luis Figo, who moved from Barcelona to Los Blancos in 2000.
Neymar’s current deal with Barcelona expires in 2018 and discussions have begun to ensure the Brazilian extends his stay at Camp Nou.
"Those are just parts of the typical football rumour mill," Enrique told reporters when asked if the rumours about Neymar potentially moving to Madrid were true.
Barcelona, who won the Club World Cup in Japan earlier this month, will resume their La Liga title defence with a match against Real Betis on Wednesday.
With Barcelona’s hopes of completing the treble for the second consecutive year on track, Enrique has high hopes for his side heading into the second half of the season.
"I've always said in these situations, especially after seeing them train yesterday [Monday] and today [Tuesday], that everyone looks fresh and hungry and ambitious," he said. "I don't think we could be any better. I won't be extremely optimistic but I see them on the right path at the end of the year.
"We'll see if we can convert that into performances on the pitch."