Eubank Jr challenges Saunders

Chris Eubank Jr is hoping to avenge his only career defeat to newly crowned WBO middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders next year.

Saunders (23-0-KO12) claimed the first world title of his career on Saturday night, defeating Andy Lee by a majority points decision at Manchester Arena. 

The 26-year-old defeated Eubank Jr via a split decision in November 2014 and insisted only last week he would agree to a rematch, but only on his terms. 

Eubank Jr (21-1-KO16) became the mandatory challenger to Daniel Jacobs' WBA middleweight title after beating domestic rival Gary 'Spike' O'Sullivan earlier this month, but he has now challenged Saunders for his world crown. 

"CHRIS EUBANK JR VS BILLY JOE SAUNDERS FOR THE WORLD TITLE… LET'S GET IT ON #2016 #TEAMEUBANK," Eubank Jr tweeted from his official Twitter account. 

Saunders remained undefeated following his victory over Lee and promoter Frank Warren said the southpaw will consider his options after the Christmas period before deciding on his next opponent. 

Warren also claimed Eubank Jr turned down the opportunity to face Saunders in a rematch earlier this year. But the prospect of taking on Eubank Jr for a second time does not faze Saunders. 

"I've beaten him. He goes to bed at night thinking about me, he's in the bath thinking about me," he told Sky Sports News HQ earlier this week. "I can go to bed and sleep at night knowing I've dealt with him and beaten him, not a problem.

"Pay me enough money, I'll fight him next, no problem. I can keep Junior waiting as long as I want, I've beaten him."

Comments