Chong Wei, whose fate will be decided at the hearing conducted by the Badminton World Federation in Amsterdam on Saturday, said he can’t wait to be competitive again.
The two-time Olympic silver medallist tested positive for the banned substance dexamethasone at the World Championships in Copenhagen last year and has been provisionally suspended from competition since November.
A lighter sentence could still see Chong Wei qualifying for the Rio Olympics next year. The maximum suspension is two years
"It is getting nearer for me, only a few days left and I am hoping for a positive result," said the 33-year-old.
"I am going to London to help my lawyer prepare the best possible and we could know by Saturday what the outcome of the hearing will be.
"I want to thank the fans for their support and giving me the courage and spirit to deal with this. I will never give up.
"I am sad to leave my family behind but this is important for my career.
"I want to settle this quickly and start competing again," he added.