Zenit and Porto excel in UCL qualifiers
Zenit St Petersburg and Porto took the advantage in the first leg of their Champions League qualifying ties as they both claimed away wins on Wednesday night.
Palace pursuit of Mackay paused
Crystal Palace appear to have pressed pause on a move for Malky Mackay to take over at Selhurst Park.
Evans fails to make an impression at US Open
There will be no US Open heroics from Dan Evans this year after the British number three slumped to a first-round loss in qualifying at Flushing Meadows.
Cricket: Broad to undergo knee surgery
England bowler Stuart Broad is to undergo surgery on his right knee on September 4, the England and Wales Cricket Board has announced.
- Easy win for Inter away to Stjarnan
- Muller turned down 'astronomical' United offer
- No Liverpool bid for Balotelli, say Milan
- Dhoni facing big decision on future
- Fellaini loan move to Napoli in doubt
- United set to complete Rojo switch
- Benitez confident Napoli can see off Bilbao
- Valverde satisfied with draw in UCL play-off
- Palace still quiet on Mackay
- Swansea clinch Fernandez deal
- Martino keeps faith in experience
- Newcastle keen to hold onto Tiote
- Alonso has faith in teamwork
- Wolff wants strong Mercedes finish
- Verstappen won't be made welcome, says Jardine